So finally you have decided to add a classy farmhouse sink to your kitchen. Well, that’s a good idea to bring a new look into your kitchen.
But you will agree to the fact that finding the best farmhouse sink is not a smooth task. It not only serves as the main attraction of any kitchen but also serves as the most useful tool, so you will obviously want to purchase the finest one. Starting from cleaning dishes to washing vegetables, a farmhouse sink assists a homeowner in all daily kitchen tasks.
Apart from being useful, it also brings dramatic and aesthetic effects to overall kitchen decor. But how will you find the ideal one? Well, our team has put together the top 10 farmhouse sinks that will guide you find the most appropriate farmhouse sink for your kitchen.
10 Best Farmhouse Sinks Reviews 2020
1. Comllen 33 Inch 304 Stainless Steel – One of the Best Farmhouse Apron Sink
As it is an apron farmhouse sink so it gets curvy front that helps it notch up aesthetics of the cabinet as well as kitchen decor. This is one of the most popular farmhouse sinks in the market today.
Thanks to its subtle rounded corners, the sink looks more appealing and stylish when it is coupled with modern kitchen cabinetry. Even though it is a stainless steel sink but it gets a premium brushed nickel finish so you can expect it to be the new show stopper of your kitchen.
It comes with the standard 3.5inch drain opening so you won’t have any hard time connect it with the waste disposal pipe. It is one of the cost-effective sinks you will find in the market that gives you a sound insulation system with thick rubber dampening, thus offering quite kitchen experience.
Heavy usage won’t hamper the longevity of this sink because it is built with robust 304 series stainless steel. It ensures not only enormous durability than others but also an impressive scratch resistance capability. Most importantly, 16 gauge thickness is considered to be the ideal thickness for any durable sink.
To add to the durability, the manufacturer has even stone guard undercoating. Although this one of the greatest farmhouses sink weights around 30lbs, but it has been engineered in such a way that you can easily install it on the cabinet.
2. Ruvati 33 x 20 inch Fireclay Reversible – Best Handcrafted Farmhouse Sink
The solid one inch thick Fireclay delivers not only a classic outlook but also offers immense durability and strength. But with colossal durability, it offers a heavyweight of 120lbs, so you shouldn’t install it all by yourself.
Ruvati is one of the best sink brands in the USA. You may have heard about their sink.
You can install this top-end farm style kitchen sink according to your design requirement because it offers under-mount, flush-mount, and raise-mount option. What’s more exciting? The popular reversible design that offers a flat side and flutter pattern on the other side so that you can install the sink based on your design preference.
Moreover, it comes strainer, drain assembly, and installation tools, thus making installation easier for you. Due to its heavy thickness, you might have to install a deep flange separately for fitting garbage disposal; otherwise, you won’t be able to secure the pipe.
With a 31inch vast space and a 10inch deep basin, you will have an abundance of usable space to accomplish your daily kitchen task. It even has a 20inch width so you can place large pots in the sink for filling water. However, the surface doesn’t get grooves or slopes, so you will swipe away the water by yourself while cleaning.
This gorgeous farmhouse sink comes with a standard 3.5inch drain opening, and it does an efficient job by ensuring fast drainage. We can assure you that it is a worthy purchase, and it treats you with a limited lifetime warranty service that hardly the manufacturer provides.
3. Kraus KHF203-36 Standart PRO – Best Stainless Steel Farmhouse Sink in the list
Moreover, the whole body garnished with a satin steel finish that takes the overall beauty of the sink to the next level. It is designed for a large kitchen as it comes with a size of 87L X 20.75W X 10D inch so you can expect a large workspace for cleaning.
While cleaning dishes, you won’t have to worry about standing water in the sink, and it is due 3.5inch rear set drain opening and gently slopped surface with channel grooves. It gets a smoothly rounded corner that is intended for maximizing the workspace and also makes it easy for the owner to clean them.
This high-quality kitchen farmhouse sink gets legendary NoiseDefend soundproofing technology that curbs down all noise and vibration. It is loaded with sound-absorbing pads, protective undercoating, and sound barrier technology, and they ensure a noise-free environment.
It is the quintessential illustration of durable sinks because it is made from TRU16 real 16 gauge T304 extra-robust stainless steel that is well-known for its decade long durability. Beside sturdy build quality, the body is dent, scratch, and stain-resistant so you can utilize the sink as much as you can. It comes packed with bottom grid, cutout template, kitchen towel, and drain assembly so you won’t have to pay extra for buying accessories.
4. Kraus KHF200-30 Standart – Budget Farmhouse Sink
Not only it offers ample space for cleaning, but it also allows you to fit large pots and stack numerous dishes. Many homeowners will agree that standing water and falling glassware in the sink is a big issue but not with this one because its surface contains channel grooves.
This top-end farmhouse sink even gets a 3.5inch rear set drainage system that not only offers large space in the base area but also drains out all the water without displacing the glassware. All thanks to its NoiseDefend soundproofing technology, you can softly do dishes and fill pots even during busy hours. The sink is also geared with sound-absorbing pads and stone guard undercoating that basically enhances the sound deadening capability.
Now, let’s talk about its design, and we feel it offers one of the most minimalistic designs with a slightly curved front apron. It’s satin finish, and sleek edges will make it the dramatic focal point of any kitchen, whether it has traditional or modern decor.
When it comes to durability, this is one of the most durable farmhouse sinks available in the market. The body has been built in such a way that it won’t get a dent or wear even after years of usage.
However, some customers have reported that it shows issues of stains after some months. The installation process is straightforward, and you will get all the hardware in the package. Similarly, the cleaning is also simple, and you would have to invest a few minutes in bringing its shine.
5. ZUHNE Prato 30 Inch – Top Rated Farmhouse Sink
The broad base with a 10inch extra depth makes it ideal for cleaning a lot of dishes and placing oversized pans. Most importantly, the surface has sloped base channels so that it curb standing water and dry faster.
The basin even gets the standard 3.5inch rear set drain that offers not only fast drainage but also drains boiling water, cold water, and defrosted items.
It is a tall curved apron-style farmhouse sink that blends well with any modern kitchen decor. However, its soft glow satin sink finish makes the main impact on the aesthetics of the decor, and we can assure it will surely become the center of focus.
Unlike other sinks, it gets tight radius R10 curved corners that add more charm to the overall design. You won’t have to think about compatibility while installing it because it can blend with most of the countertop materials. It is a unique sink that gets a certification that outperforms the UPC standard of Canada and the US.
Durability is a crown feature of this one of the most exceptional farmhouse sink, and it’s industrial-grade 16guage T304 18/10 Posco stainless steel serves as the proof. This built is not only gives sheer strength but also makes it scratch, rust, dent, or corrosion-resistant. It is designed to provide you with joy in cleaning by offering you quiet kitchen cleaning with the help of best-in-class insulation technology. This is one of the best rated farmhouse sinks we have in our list.
It has a 4.2mm thick sound pads and mute Insinkerator that damps most of the sound including spray hitting the bottom. Some customers have reported that it requires scheduled maintenance to keep it hygienic and sparkling.
6. Kraus KHF203-33 Standart PRO – A high-end Stainless Steel Farmhouse Kitchen Sink
You might think cleaning dishes in the steel sink would make a lot of sounds but not with this top-end farmhouse sink.
It bags proprietary NoiseDefend soundproofing technology where it utilizes thick sound-absorbing pads and stone guard undercoating to absorb most of the sounds.
Doing kitchen chores on this one of the most outstanding farmhouse sinks is a sheer pleasure because the surface is engineered with channel grooves for fast drainage. Moreover, the surface is perfectly angled so that the glassware stays intact when placed in the sink.
Both the bowl get the standard 3.5 rear set drainage opening, so connecting it waste disposal would be easy for you. It is an ideal blend of style and practicality, where it gently curved apron front with sleek lines. The corners are meticulously rounded that not only gives it an elegant outlook but also maximizes the work area.
The installation process is quite straightforward, and you can opt for under-mount, top-mount, or flush-mount depending upon your design requirement. Designed by skilled artisans and built using 16gauge real TRU16 T304 stainless steel, it dedicated to stand the test of time.
The top layer is blended with a commercial-grade satin finish that makes it look impressive and also gives it corrosion and scratch-resistant capability. For your convenience, Kraus supplies drain assembly, dual bottom grid and basket strainer without any extra charge.
7. KOHLER Whitehaven – One of the Best Cast Iron Farmhouse Sinks
This is one of the best cast iron farmhouse sinks. The enameled cast iron serves as the primary construction material that gives the body immense strength and smoothness. It also makes the surface nonporous so that it can resist food stains, scratches, and easy to clean. However, while cleaning, you should use only a soft sponge for cleaning, as harsh cleaning can damage the surface.
Importantly the body is wrapped with a thick enamel coating that makes it heat resistant up to 1000-degree F, so putting hot pan or any hot dishes won’t do any damage. This top farm sink will surely baffle you with its dynamic and streamlined design and make sure it can complement your decor even if it is modern.
With timeless style slightly curved front apron design, it looks well in most of the cabinet designs. It designed to deliver the finest functionality, and that is why it gets a 9inch deep depth and 35inch X 21inch full surface for accommodating all the dishes and pans.
The single bowl surface gets a two-degree slope towards the drain so that the chance of water pooling is minimal. It even gets an offset drain that gives you the best of both worlds, which is storage space underneath and ample cleaning space. However, you won’t get a strainer in the package.
Things get interesting during fitting because it’s self-trimming design incurs a simple rough cut so that you can install it by overlapping the cabinet face. It even offers versatility in the configuration where you can choose the under-mount, top-mount, and freestanding option for installation.
8. AKDY Stainless Steel – Budget Friendly Farmhouse Kitchen Sink
It might not have a big workspace for cleaning dishes or fitting large pots for water filling, but it offers enough for accomplishing daily chores. What sets it apart? The double work station design makes the sink multifunctional by offering an adjustable sink colander and a bamboo cutting board.
With this high-end farmhouse kitchen sink, you won’t require separate workstations as both the colander and cutting board extent to your work surface and also acts as a sink cover. Water pooling won’t be your concern as its removable 3.5inch wastebasket swiftly drives away most of the water. It is full of surprises because it also gets thick rubber padding underneath that cuts down most of the noise include water splash on the surface.
This top-notch farm sink is not only about multi-functionality but also about beautiful design. With a gently curved front apron, it makes a significant aesthetic impact on the cabinet, whether it is modern or traditional. Moreover, the body gets a brushed nickel finish that gives it a more charming outlook.
You won’t ever question its durability because this handmade sink is built using 18G 304-grade stainless steel that gives it immense strength to survive for a decade. Besides, the body is dent and scratch-resistant so it can withstand heavy usage. Moreover, the cutting board is FDA approved, and the colander is made from high-quality steel.
However, it only gets an under-mount installation facility, and you will get an installation kit in the package for the easy mounting process. Another good thing about this sink is that it is easy to clean and weighs only 21lbs. For added convenience, AKDY also provides a limited lifetime warranty for this product.
9. Regallo AUTHENTIC FIRECLAY Reversible – Best fireclay Farmhouse Sink
With a full space around 30inch, you can opt for an enormous cleaning task without getting cluttered. It even has a depth of 14inches so that you can stack a lot of dishes and large pans for cleaning. To make your cleaning task a hassle-free experience, it even gets a curved angle in corners of the surface so that it can result in superior water drainage.
However, the fact that will impress you the most is its minimalistic and elegant design with curved corners and smooth lines. The whole body is wrapped with a high gloss lustrous finish, which makes the sink more appealing in the kitchen. Despite being glossy, the top layer also acts as a resistant to bacteria, discoloring, rust, scratch, and stain. This is definitely a good farmhouse sink with these features.
This glossy surface makes your life more comfortable in the kitchen because you can swiftly clean it with just one wipe. The extraordinary design is not only restricted to its look but also makes this one of the most excellent farmhouse sinks versatile in installation. It gets the popular reversible feature where the front part has an arched edge while the other side has a decorative fluted design. Moccoa offers this sink with grid, drain, and extended flange so that you can opt for easy installation.
Buyers often underestimate this high-class farm sink in durability, but in reality, it is one of the most durable kitchen items you will find in the market. It is handcrafted from genuine Fireclay and lead-free material that not makes it robust but also makes it shock resistant. Importantly, it is 40% thicker than other sinks of its class that makes it withstand heavy use over time.
Moreover, the whole body is wrapped with a white classic paint scheme so it would easily match with your decor. You might get appalled by its 85lbs weight, but it offers versatility in installation, and you can opt for flush-mount, raised or under-mount depending upon your need. Moreover, it doesn’t require any extended flange, and it makes the installation easier for you.
Even it is in the last of our list, it is still a true farmhouse sink. So don’t worry about seeing it in the last position. This high-end farmhouse sink is all about functionality, and that is why it 18inch wide and 10inch deep clean space. Whether you want to clean dishes or large pans, you can comfortably do it because the sink can accommodate all of them. It is one of the finest in the market that gives you a 3.5inch drain opening, but it has no overflow option.
All the corners come with curvy edges so that you can do your everyday chores without feeling uncomfortable. Cleaning this white glazy sink is easy, and you just have to use ordinary cleaner to keep its pristine look.
The most eye-catching factor of this sink its Fireclay, built with optimum thickness, and it ensures lifelong durability. Fireclay sinks also depict the body surface is entirely resistant to scratch and stains, but if you use harsh material, then it might get damaged.
The whole body gets a smooth finish, which adds to the durability of the sink. Unfortunately, it doesn’t pack any accessories so you will have to spend some more money to buy them.
Buying Guides of Farmhouse Sinks
Why do you need to buy a farmhouse sink?
As you are about to purchase a farmhouse sink, a question must have hit your mind which why do you need a farmhouse sink? Why not something else? Well, to answer this query, we have listed the pros and cons that will clarify everything.
- The farmhouse sink is broad and deep, so it offers a large amount of working space.
- Filling large pots or cleaning large pans or other items is quite easy as they fit comfortably inside the sink.
- The chance of water spillage out of the sink is meager due to high edges.
- It directly fits in the kitchen so you can comfortably use the sink without getting interrupted by any other kitchen equipment.
- They come in different styles, designs, sizes, and shapes.
- It is highly durable and can last for decades without losing finish.
- They enhance the overall beauty of the kitchen decor.
- They come with a high price tag.
- It is heavy and awkward to install.
- It is not compatible with all types of cabinet, so it incurs a lot of cost for cabinet replacement.
What to Consider Before Buying a Farmhouse Sink?
Purchasing the most excellent farmhouse sink requires you to consider a lot of factors as they help you to decide whether a particular pan will suit your needs. So let’s look at those factors to choose the right farmhouse sink for you:
- Overall Size- The overall size of the farmhouse sink is an essential consideration because you need to merge it with your existing cabinet. As it doesn’t sit on the countertop so you will have to check whether your cabinet has a proper area for placement. Along with the size of the sink, you also need to consider the base cabinet size, and it should 3inch wider than the size of the pan. So you need to choose the size depending upon the size of the cabinet. You may also want to buy a bigger farmhouse sink if you have enough space.
- The material of the Sink – The sink material is another important factor that decides the worth of a sink. As they are heavily used and acts as the center of focus in the kitchen, so it is ideal to choose highly durable material. Moreover, the material you want also impacts the aesthetic of the kitchen. Fireclay, cast iron, matte shone, stainless steel and copper serves as the best choice when it comes to material.
- The thickness of the Sink – Many people, fails to consider this factor while purchasing, but you shouldn’t because the depth adds to the durability. However, it mostly applicable when you are purchasing copper, cast iron, or stainless steel sink. Always look for low gauge numbers because smaller, the better.
- Body Finish – The body finish of the sink has a significant impact on the overall decor of the kitchen, so you should wisely. Materials like stainless steel come with a variety of finish, so they easily blend with most of the decor. Whereas fireclay or porcelain only offers a limited amount of shiny finish.
- One or Two Bowl – Depending upon your requirement, you will have to decide whether you need one or two bowl setup. If you have a large kitchen cabinet and require a lot of washing space, then two bowl sink will suit you best. However, if you don’t have much space in the kitchen and need a decent amount of sink space, then a single bowl should be your target. Remember, two bowl setup bites a lot of space, so you should consider this factor properly.
- Adjustment in Waterline – While choosing the farmhouse sink, you should check the plumbing structure so you can accommodate the sink. Choosing the wrong one will cause a lot of hassle.
- Drain Size – It is another factor that you shouldn’t miss. The standard drain size you will get in most of the models is 3.5inches, as it fits well with all disposal lines. However, some modern model comes with different sizes so you should enquire it.
Last of all, check the features of tradition look if you like to buy a traditional farmhouse sinks,
How to Install a Farmhouse Sink in the Kitchen?
Installing a farmhouse kitchen sink in your existing cabinet is quite a difficult task. However, you can comfortably do it by yourself, but it is advisable to take assistance from your family while lifting the sink. Here are the steps that will assist you correctly install a farmhouse sink in your kitchen:
Before you begin, you should arrange hacksaw, framing square, tape, wood, support frame, sealant, level, and a power drill.
- First, you should figure out the type of installation you want to opt for. Either you can opt for under-mount, flush-mount, or built-up installation, but we will recommend you to go for under-mount. So once you have selected mount type, now have to arrange the adequate amount of place for placing backsplash and faucet.
- Now, measure the size of the farmhouse sink, and depending upon the size, you should make adjustments in the cabinetry. Mark the area that needs to be cut out, and it would be better to unscrew other attachments before cutting out that place. While preparing the cabinetry, you should keep space for drain, garbage disposal, and water supply lines.
- Although the farmhouse sink isn’t entirely dependent on the countertop but before cutting out the sink, you need to place the pan on the countertop to measure the cutout. Use a pencil and level to mark the area.
- After you have prepared area in the cabinetry and countertop, use a hacksaw to cut the marked areas. Now it is time to place the support frame along with a wood brace inside the cabinetry that will support the heavyweight of the sink.
- In this step, you need to place the sink in the cutout area to test whether it comfortably fits along with other attachments. You should also check whether the frame properly supports the pan. Make sure it is correctly leveled with the installation type you have chosen. If there is any mismatch, use shims or leveler to fit the sink properly.
- Now finally place the sink in the cabinetry and cover the gaps from all sides with sealant. Once you set the pan, it is time to set the countertop onto the sink, and it would be better to take assistance from your family during placement. While placing, remove extra sealant so that it properly fits in the cabinetry.
- Before attaching the faucet, drain, and water supply line, you should allow the sealant to dry for at least a day. So after it dries up, install all the accessories and start utilizing the new showstopper of the kitchen.
How to Clean a Farmhouse Sink?
Once you install a farmhouse sink in your kitchen, you won’t have to worry about tiring cleaning process. They are entirely easy to clean, although the cleaning varies from material to material.
- The best way to clean a sink is to use warm water and soap mixture and then use a sponge to clean the sink.
- You can even use vinegar and a soft sponge to clean the sink. Just pour some vinegar in a spray bottle and apply it in the stains and mineral buildup. Then use the sponge to scrub the area and then rinse with normal water.
- Baking also serves as an excellent ingredient for cleaning. Mix some baking soda along with ammonia in a bucket full of water and then dip a brush in it. Use that brush to clean marks and stains in the sink.
- You can utilize the hydrogen peroxide to clean and whiten the porcelain sink. Apply hydrogen peroxide directly in the stain areas and allow it soak for at least 8hrs. Then use a soft cloth to rinse the stained area, and you will get a shiny surface.
- Glass cleaner serves as the right agent for sparking up the farmhouse sink. Spray some glass cleaner in the pan and allow it to work for at least one minute. Then rinse with a soft cloth to get an immaculate surface.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is there any difference between apron- front and farmhouse sink?
There isn’t much difference when you compare an apron front and farmhouse sink. Apron-front gets a bare front that sticks out of the counter, whereas the farmhouse sink is covered from all the sides. Farmhouse models are made out of different materials, while apron-front is mostly made out of modern materials.
Which one is better- single bowl or double bowl farmhouse kitchen sink?
The question is entirely subjective, as it entirely depends upon the need. So if you have a small bathroom and looking for a compact sink, then a single bowl serves best. However, if you require big space for cleaning and your cabinet can accommodate a large pan, then the double bowl is ideal for your kitchen.
What is the difference between fireclay and porcelain?
The porcelain sink is the most common type in the market, and they are built using cast iron with a white coating. They are affordable, but they are prone to damage and chipping, thus offering poor durability. Fireclay, on the other hand, is made out of clay, which is heated at extreme temperatures. They are handcrafted and offer tremendous strength, so chances of chipping are low.
Which types of farmhouse sinks are better in terms of durability and price?
The type of farmhouse sink, which is better in terms of durability and price, is stainless steel as it is cost-effective and offers enormous strength. Fireclay serves a plausible option as they are robust and come with a decent price tag.
So we have reached the end of our guide of the best farmhouse sink, and we hope our review of the top ten pans will help you. Our team has invested several weeks in preparing this guide for you so you can stay assured you are getting the right products. We have tried to cover the varied type of product starting from multifunctional AKDY KS0237 to high-end Kohler K-6489-0 Whitehaven sink.
However, we couldn’t find any suitable farmhouse kitchen sink with faucet as most of them didn’t meet the quality requirement. Moreover, most of the farmhouse sink doesn’t get any faucet hole, so the countertop serves as the only option.
We have thoroughly tested the functionality and durability of the products in our lab, so we hope you will be delighted if you get one sink from this list. Not only they will make your kitchen functional, but they beautify it too because they have unique designs with a modern finish.
Along with our review, we have also put forward some vital information that we think will be helpful for you while deciding the sink. We have even included some frequently asked questions along with their answers so that there isn’t any confusion. We hope our list will allow you to give your kitchen the new scenic vista you want.