Single lever faucets are made up of a control that determines the flow and water temperature at the same time by varying the temperature from cold to hot. How in all facets, it is possible to be presented with the opportunity to replace any part of the faucet is worn out or broken, such as joints, discs of ceramics among other elements.
With the passage of time, the ceramic discs end up scratching it or running out because of their use or the hardness of the water in the system, arising then a fault normally shaped drip. Although there is a diversity of taps on the market, their disassembly process is usually simple and direct.
Faucet single handle leaks
Single lever faucets are pieces that have a shelf life long, however the presence of minerals such as lime and the absence of special descaling filter taps to fail.
Parts that are damaged in the application process in single lever faucets are usually ceramic discs and their boards and they must be replaced as soon as possible after its failure detected. Below we explain the process of repairing a faucet.
What should I do to repair a faucet?
The taps have a handle of the control that activates and regulates the output water so cold as hot depending on the direction in which to move the handle. In addition to that to increase or decrease its volume by moving it up or down. These faucets on occasions present failures by wear and can be repaired very easily.
One of the root causes so that a faucet present failures is the lack of maintenance in a first order, to clean it periodically only should remove the broken Jet with the help of a wrench. This leaning into the notches that has the piece to remove it, is recommended to use a soft cloth between the part to remove and the spanner to prevent scratching of the same.
Once disassembled the handle, this faucet consists of two ceramic discs which forms a cartridge, these discs when slide against each other to control both the cold water as hot and the strength of the flow. To locate these cartridges with the help of a screwdriver remove and clean them very carefully without leaving traces of moisture to make its life longer.
I can not unscrew filter tap.
This sentence you will sound if reading this.
If the tap filter is jammed and does not come out, several techniques can be used to solve this problem. Replacement of the filter is a very good idea if already expired or is obstructed, for replacement of the filter that this jammed must do the following:
- If you try to remove the tap filter make your first test using only your hand if you experience a positive reaction to this is one recommended a towel to provide more grip of the filter. Once the grip ready turn filter counterclockwise clockwise the exercise short jerks and strongly. This procedure frees the tap filter without any problems.
- If the above procedure doesn’t work, it is recommended to use grasping and adjustable these clips allow your extension arm for leverage that makes missing out of its containment device. Remember those thick cloths or insulating tape around the tongs can be used to avoid damage to the tap.
- Other techniques if the clips don’t work, is using a remover of sediments on the boards of nut. This cleaner is designed to remove all traces of lime and oxide present in the piece. Simply spray the cleaner near the thread are left to spend a few minutes that take effect and work. Only after the time it cleans the filter and tries again to work with pliers.
There are more radical techniques as leverage with several clips but it may run the risk of the tap to suffer a fracture.
Useful step-by-step guide
- Disassemble the faucet is very common and easy, we will then explain the more general steps to disassemble a faucet without the assistance of a professional.
- The first step you must do is to ensure that the supply of water this closed, mostly faucets your passkey is inside the recessed Cabinet or very close to it, if you don’t have you must close the water in all the environment.
- Raise the mixer faucet handle to release the rest of the water remaining in the pipe.
- Cover the drain with a dry to prevent cloth pieces small miss in it. At the same time tries to cover the piece with a thick material to avoid scratching it.
- Make strength on the small button that covers the faucet at the bottom of the knob or handle, remove the Hex screw with an Allen wrench. If tap style has cartridges of ceramics with a button on the top lid, lift the lid and removed the screw.
- To remove the lever rotates the handle gently from his base.
- Remove the valve head or pivot on the adjusting ring nut, this depends on the style of the faucet but it’s a very intuitive step.
- Washers, springs, and seals will be removed with fine-tipped tweezers.
- If the faucet is ball cam resembles a small ball with a long probe metal on the top. If cartridge should hold the upper stem and remove it from the base of the faucet.
- A ceramic disk faucet, withdraws U-like clip unaccented small cartridge retention and attaches the stem and withdraws the faucet cartridge.
- Raise the cover of the faucet base to extract the body of the same.
With the above, we conclude that terne is very careful with parts of faucets and effective maintenance help that do not occur as many incidents, from our online store, we assure you that whether you use all the recommendations described in this Web can solve many problems.